Kingfishr Wycombe song

Irish folk bank Kingfishr have recorded a Wycombe song after playing with the team on FIFA while recording their latest album.

They went to the game tonight by the looks of things.

It’s really really good, to the point where I could see it becoming a real club anthem if we played it at games. Especially if they properly released it, perhaps a little sped up.

5 Likes

I’m a big fan tbf

2 Likes

While I’m still very bitter and twisted my song never made it as the club anthem (despite several plays at AP), how can you not love this? I’d like it sped up with the full Irish vibe.

1 Like

I personally like it how it is. For me, the best football anthems - You’ll Never Walk Alone, Cant Help Falling in Love With You are slower, easy to sing and more emotional.

4 Likes

Fair enough! Either way, I am always surprised more clubs (not just in football, but sports in general) don’t commission a unique song, rather than play the same old tunes everyone else is playing and expecting a unique culture.

1 Like

Turn it into a dubstep and Adams Park will be a rockin!

1 Like

What a cracking tune. Would love to hear that on match days. As a bonus it won’t get the away fans going like Hey Jude does. :grin:

3 Likes

Gets my vote

1 Like

Please could someone supply me with a link. I appear to be/am useless at finding stuff like this!

1 Like
1 Like

This band are huge in Ireland. A masterclass in social media marketing coming up from Matt Cecil and the team.

3 Likes

Cant wait to hear 20,000 Wanderers singing this at Wembley as we get promoted

2 Likes

Thanks shev. It deffo should be used as an unique anthem!

1 Like

Excuse my language.

That is fucking brilliant and definitely something that should start being played right before a game, ending just before a ball is kicked.

Sometimes these things just happen naturally and you just can’t force it. Post match after a win, I could see this being played as the final whistle blows and then followed by our house.

Reminds me very much of the Nottingham Forest and Arsenal anthems in different ways.

1 Like

It grows on you we could use it before or after a game and hopefully the terrace takes it on.

1 Like

It’s very good. This could easily be an anthem for us.

We’re so massive.

1 Like

Yeah really like it. It’s more on the anthem vibe of ‘North London Forever’, rather than anything that’ll get the blood pumping - but anything has to be better pre-match than Kasabian.

3 Likes

Music very much a matter of taste. Generally love Celtic infused music but this one pretty dull for me. What happened to that fan song contest from a few years back?

Don’t worry too much Dev, if they start playing it at games it’s not as though you’ll ever have to listen to it

Football isn’t a business. It brings disparate groups together in unlikely ways.

Great stuff.