New In-Season Vote! Greatest Wycombe League Goal! Nominations Open!

The greatest game I’ve ever seen involving Wycombe in over 30 years support. Anyone that was there would agree.

3 Likes

Jesus’s goals v PNE play off final
Play-Off Final Classic Match - Preston North End 2-4 Wycombe Wanderers

2 Likes

Matt Lawrence at Moss Rose towards the end of the 98/99 season.

But @petef1 is right, if we’re talking about goals based on how they made us feel, nothing comes close to Paul McCarthy at Selhurst.

Jason Cousin’s goal into the stantion against Scunthorpe has to be in contention and surprised no-one mentioned Hakan Hayrettin’s 40 yarder in the last minute at Preston.

I am also a fan of McSporrans goal against Peterborough straight from the second half kick off in Sept 2000. This was after Jamie Bates (I had to check) scored with the last kick of the first half.

This gave us a good quiz question (scoring two goals without the opposition touching the ball) but also (and I didn’t know this until I looked up who it was against and when - my memory is shocking) a Guinness World Record for the shortest time between goals (since beaten)

1 Like

Since beaten? When? By whom? I didn’t know this.

Seems its still us